All registered members with valid NIU ID are entitled to borrow library materials. The borrowing privileges may differ depending upon the membership category. The borrowing privileges for different membership categories are:
|Undergraduate students||2||10 Days|
|Graduate students||2||10 Days|
|Postgraduate students (MPhil/PhD)||4||14 Days|
- Valid NIU identification card is necessary to borrow library materials.
- Books borrowed by any patron can be reserved.
- Reserved books may be collected within 2 days from the circulation desk.
- Book(s) borrowed by any patron can be renewed for a period of 10 days as long as the same is not reserved by another patron.
- Non-circulating materials such as reference books, CD-ROMs, current journals, journals and newspaper archives, audio/video materials, text books, and research projects cannot be borrowed.
- Non-circulating materials can only be used within library premises.
- Any of the borrowed library materials is subject to recall as and when needed by the library.
- If the patrons misplace any library material and is unable to find them, it is recommended to report at circulation desk immediately to avoid overdue fines.
- Any of the library materials not returned within 30 days after the due date will be considered as lost.