- Valid NIU identification card is necessary to borrow library materials.
- Books borrowed by any patron can be reserved.
- Reserved books may be collected within 2 days from the circulation desk.
- Book(s) borrowed by any patron can be renewed for a period of 10 days as long as the same is not reserved by another patron.
- Non-circulating materials such as reference books, CD-ROMs, current journals, journals and newspaper archives, audio/video materials, text books, and research projects cannot be borrowed.
- Non-circulating materials can only be used within library premises.
- Any of the borrowed library materials is subject to recall as and when needed by the library.
- If the patrons misplace any library material and is unable to find them, it is recommended to report at circulation desk immediately to avoid overdue fines.
- Any of the library materials not returned within 30 days after the due date will be considered as lost.
Certain fines are charged for overdue (not returned on time) library materials. This is an effort to provide patrons an equal opportunity to make use of library materials and to maximize the sharing of library collections.
- An overdue fine is charged from the first overdue date/day.
- An overdue fine on general books would be PKR50 per book per day.
- An overdue fine on temporarily issued materials would bePKR100 per hour.
- Loss of library materials would be charged three times the current price OR replacement of the material(s) with PKR200additional as processing charges.
- PKR5000 in addition to the current price would be charged in case of stealing library materials.
In case of any disciplinary violations, PKR200 would be charged on the first violation and PKR500 on the second violation. In case of continuation of violations, the issue may be referred to the disciplinary committee.